Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sutton Scarsdale Hall



Sutton Scarsdale is the ruined empty shell of a once impressive manor house not far from Hardwick. Scandalously the interior was ripped out and exported to American in the early 20th century, although to be fair it is now preserved in a museum. The house is very eerie because of the open ceiling, when I visited there was a dark sky and rain falling, I was the only visitor. The house is said to be haunted by a young girl who died in the cellar and paranormal groups have done investigations there. There is a 'postcard' of the site which appears to show a ghost, although I have seen a similar vintage postcard of the same style purporting to show a ghost at Hampton Court which was faked, so I suppose ghost tourism has been popular for many years.

http://www.paranormalinvestigators.co.uk/field/scarsdale/suttonpostcard/sutton.htm

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, you do what I do, check out my blog! The last time I went to Sutton Scarsdale hall there were youths hanging about, we had traveled all the way from Leeds, getting haunted places all to yourself these days is near on impossible. Looking forward to more of your posts. Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules..I appreciate your comments. I don't update this blog like I used to since Facebook took over my life. I've also been to France so I'm thinking of expanding it into foreign locations. I might even make it into an ebook one day. Please send me the address of your blog.

    ReplyDelete